Step 3 | Enter The United States
The earliest date you may enter the U.S. is 30 days before the program start date on your I-20. See the “Earliest Admission Date” in the Program of Study box. When you are ready to travel, make sure that your travel documents are in your hand (and not packed in a suitcase) for the immigration officer to review.
Are you entering the U.S. for the first time with a Lehman Form I-20?
If you answered YES, it means that you are coming to the United States for the first time with your Lehman College I-20 Form.
Please bring with you:
1. Lehman Admission/Acceptance Letter
2. A Valid Passport (passport must be more than 6 months valid from the time your travel to the United States. Please contact our office if you are not sure about this requirement)
3. A Valid F-1 Student Visa (If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda you do not need an F-1 visa to travel to the U.S but you do need a Form I-20 from Lehman)
4. Form I-20
5. I-901 SEVIS Fee receipt
6. Financial documents (carry the same financial documents used in applying for the Form I-20 and F-1 visa)
7. Names of F-1 designated School Officials (DSOs) and contact information
If you answered NO, it means you are already in the U.S. in F-1 Status and studying at Lehman.
Please check our "Travel Section" for important information about re-entering the U.S. after your trip. If you are a new, current or transfer student you "must" contact and speak to an International Student Advisor before you travel inside or outside the U.S.