Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

Give to Lehman

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

Office of the Registrar at Lehman College

Student Records

The Records and Transcripts unit maintains and processes all information pertaining to a student's academic record. This includes personal information, grades, Declaration of Academic Plan/ Sub-Plan, requests for record modifications and credit taken on permit.

Declaration of Plans and/or Sub-Plans

(Majors, Minors, Advanced Certificates, Tracks, Concentrations, and Specializations)

Undergraduate students should declare a plan by the time they have earned/ transferred 60 credits. This is most important for students receiving state aid; visit our Financial Aid website for detailed information. For students pursuing their second bachelor's degree, the Second Bachelor Degree-Area of Concentration form is required. The form can be found in the Office of Academic Standards & Evaluation in Shuster Hall 280. For Graduate students, the form can be obtained in our online forms section of our website. The form must be completed and signed by the current and new Program Advisor before returning to the Office of Graduate Studies located in Shuster 279. All completed forms must have all required signatures for processing.

Introducing iDeclare

iDeclare is the online Declaration of Academic Plan and/or Sub Plan workflow. This process allows students to initiate a request to declare or change their major and/ or minor online. In addition, this process will arrange for the submitted request to be reviewed by the appropriate departmental officials for approval and processing. Visit our iDeclare page for instructions on how to initiate an iDeclare request. 

Once the request has been submitted for approval, students can login to iDeclare and click the “Status” option in the menu or check their Lehman College email for confirmation and alerts regarding their requests.

iDeclare is available to all students, except Second Degree and Graduate students.

Name Changes 

Students must visit Shuster Hall 102 to initiate a change of name and provide two (2) types of appropriate documentation. One type of legal documentation must be either a marriage certificate, passport, annulment/divorce decree, court order, social security card, birth certificate or the Certificate of Naturalization. The second must be a Photo ID. Photocopies will not be accepted.

Preferred Name 

CUNY recognizes the importance that a change of name might have to students during their time with the University. A preferred name is not a legal name, but is generally used to change how others refer to you. For this purpose, students may identify a preferred name to be recorded in the student system. No documentation is required to have a preferred name recorded. Documents and records that may display a preferred name include, among other things, course rosters, student identification cards, student email addresses, and other documents issued by the University. A preferred name will not be reflected on, among other things, a student's official academic record, diploma, or transcript. To change the name that is displayed/reflected on official academic record, diploma, or transcript students must follow the instructions on the Personal Data Change Request Form available in the Office of the Registrar. Official and legal name changes require specific documentation outlined on that form.

Changes Due to Typographical Errors

When a student requests a name change due to a typographical or other error in University records, the student’s request should be granted after verification that the name change is due to such error. Documents that can assist a college in making this determination include any of the documents listed as appropriate for a common-law name change.

National ID and Address Changes 

Change/correction of National ID must also be done in person accompanied by an original, signed Social Security Card or Taxpayer Identification Number (if student does not have a Social Security number) and Photo ID.

For address changes, students may submit their request in person as well as in CUNYfirst Student Center. Students using Self-Service in CUNYfirst will only have access to change their billing, mailing and home address types. To change their permanent address, they must submit the request in Shuster Hall 102.

First semester students should report to the Admissions Office, Shuster Hall 161 to change their address.