The Office of the Registrar
Shuster Hall Room 102
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West,
Bronx, NY 10468
In order to qualify for graduation, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- (120) cumulative credits
- (30) credits in “Overall Residency”
- At least ½ the number of credits in the declared major for “Major Residency”
- All “General Education” requirements completed
- All “Major” requirements completed
- (2.0) GPA in declared Major
- (2.0) GPA in overall credits completed
- At least (30) cumulative credits
- At least ½ total graduate credits OR (18) credits in “Residency” (whichever is greater)
- All “Major” requirements completed
- (3.0) GPA in declared Major
- (3.0) GPA in overall credits completed
Incomplete (INC) grades must be resolved prior to the date of graduation. Click Here for more information on the policy for INC grades.
Dual Majors and Dual Degrees
As students approach graduation you will have two (2) Diploma Options based on the number of credits attained:
Students who have completed requirements for two (2) majors from different degree types (i.e.- BA and BS) but have not reached at least (150 credits) cumulatively will only be awarded one (1) diploma with one degree type and major. The second major will appear as a comment on your Official Transcript.
Students who have completed requirements for two (2) majors from different degree types (i.e.- BA and BS) must complete an additional (30 credits) in residence beyond the required (120 credits) for a total of (150 credits) in order to be awarded two (2) Diplomas.
Filing for Graduation
Graduation Applications are accepted ONLINE via CUNYfirst.
A student who expects to graduate at the end of a semester must file an application for graduation by the deadline which is posted on the corresponding Academic Calendar. Prior to applying for graduation, kindly visit an Academic and Department Advisor to ensure all requirements have been met. Any student who does not meet the requirements to graduate must cancel their graduation. Students may re-file in any subsequent semester in which graduation is anticipated.
Graduation Application Deadlines
|Term||Open||Dealine||Conferral Date||Diploma Distribution|
|SUMMER 2017||MAR 27, 2017||APR 24, 2017||SEP 01, 2017||DEC 2017|
|FALL 2017||SEP 18, 2017||OCT 23, 2017||JAN 01, 2018||APR 2018|
|WINTER 2018||SEP 18, 2017||OCT 23, 2017||FEB 01, 2018||MAY 2018|
The Graduation Ceremony for the Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer graduation candidates is held on the last days of May or early June. Check the Spring Academic Calendar for the Ceremony dates. Information regarding cap and gowns, rings, photos, yearbook, etc, can be found in the Office of Student Affairs, located in Shuster Hall 204. You may also view Commencement information online on the Commencement Ceremony page on the Lehman Webpage.
Once your record has been audited for completion of program, your diploma may be obtained through one of the following methods:
- You may pick-up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar, Shuster Hall Room 102.
- You may send someone in your place. The individual must bring the completed, signed, and notarized Authorization Letter for Diploma Pick-up , a valid government issued photo ID and a copy of the student’s valid government or Lehman issued photo ID.
- You may bring or mail in a request to have your diploma mailed to your home or work. Please send a Diploma Mailing Request with a 9 ½ x 12 ½ Padded Priority Mailer from the U.S Post Office, self-addressed and prepaid.
- A completed Diploma Re-Order Form (damaged, lost, or stolen).
- Notarized statement stating that your old diploma has been damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Identification cards (two different forms of valid government issued IDs).
- $30 check or money order.
- If damaged, you are required to bring in the old diploma