NEW: Transfer What-If is a new feature in the new version of DegreeWorks which allow students and their advisors to see how credits, taken at a CUNY institution, would transfer to another CUNY institution and apply towards a desired program. Transfer What-If is designed to help students planning for a transfer between CUNY colleges seamless.
For more information on this feature of DegreeWorks click here.
DegreeWorks version 4.1.6 is now available.
- DegreeWorks Printable Brochure
- Login to the new version of DegreeWorks Facts & Blackboard
- New DegreeWorks Reporting Form - Kindly use this form to report any issues you encounter regarding DegreeWorks. The Office of Student Success Initiatives and the Office of the Registrar will work to troubleshoot and resolve, not only for this student, but systematically. You will receive a response explaining the issue and what the solution was in one to three business days.
What is DegreeWorks?
The computerized advising/degree progress audit system, "DegreeWorks", evaluates course work taken against degree requirements to determine progress toward the completion of a degree. The system provides a Degree Audit, which is a comprehensive snapshot of your academic record evaluated against the requirement areas for a specific degree.
The purpose of "DegreeWorks” is to enhance advising by providing accurate and comprehensive information that can be used in consultation with an advisor to make programming decisions. All students are encouraged to contact their advisor for academic advisement. Many academic plans (majors/minors) and subplans (concentrations, options or tracks) call for the selection of course work in consultation with an advisor. Additionally, an advisor will be able to anticipate problems and make adjustments to a program, when necessary.
- Audit Tab- The Audit Tab displays student progress toward completion of their degree requirements. It also displays student major(s), minor(s), and concentration(s), if any. Other information that is displayed in the Audit report are: CUNY Skills Assessment, General Education requirements, Major/ Minor requirements, GPA information, elective courses as well as insufficient courses.
- What-If Tab- What-If Audits allow advisors and students to process speculative degree audits for students using their current class history. Students can use this tab if they are thinking of changing their majors, minors, and/or concentrations and would like to know where they stand in the new curriculum.
- Planner Tab - The Planner contains the Planner Audit, which is similar to the Student Audit with a grid-like feature called Student Educational Plan (SEP) that advisors can use to create a schedule plan for as many as 6 years. Students can only view (but not create or edit) these planned schedules.
- Notes Tab - The Notes Tab allows advisors to make permanent notes of what was discussed and what needs to be done next. You may also want to view what has been discussed with the student with previous advisors. The note feature allows you to add, modify and delete your notes.
- GPA Calculator Tab - There are three different GPA calculators: Graduation, Term, and Advice. This functionality will calculate the minimum grades needed to reach a target cumulative GPA. It can assist in accurate mapping of student paths to achieving honors, avoiding probation, and/or satisfying personal academic aspirations.
- Look Ahead Tab- This tab allows users to see exactly how a future course can be applied to a student’s graduation requirements. This is similar to running a Planner Audit. Students mostly use this tab because they do not have access to process audits from the Planner.
How to Access DegreeWorks
DegreeWorks can now be accessed through the Self-Service menu in CUNYfirst.
Step-by-Step instructions on how to sign in through CUNYfirst:
- Step 1: Log in to CUNYfirst.
- Step 2: Click on Student Center.
- Step 3: Click on the DegreeWorks link located on the bottom right-hand side under "Advisement/Transcript."
- Faculty Staff: email@example.com
Note: You can also login to DegreeWorks using your CUNY login credentials, e.i., (Mary.Doe12@login.cuny.edu) and your CUNYfirst password.
Lehman College Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Shuster Hall, Rm. 102
Bronx, NY 10468
For questions and/or comments on DegreeWorks, send e-mails to: