Welcome to Lehman College and the Lehman community!
You are part of the 2017-2018 New Faculty Cohort. We are delighted that you will be joining Lehman’s stellar faculty. On their behalf, we welcome you as a new colleague.
The information below provides some useful information for new faculty at Lehman College. Please acquaint yourself with the basics, such as the campus map, definitions, and the materials you will need for the new faculty orientation on August 25th, 2017. You may learn more about ways to make connections to individuals, offices, and resources that will help you get off to a great start at Lehman College.
Your Year-Long Faculty Orientation Program (All New Lehman Faculty)
- Full Day Orientation Program August 25, 2017- Learn more about us, our students, our systems and the Bronx.
- Monthly Get Togethers-Attend these informal social gatherings, held throughout the academic year, to help you assimilate (resistance is futile) to the Lehman community.
- New Faculty Mentoring -Working with a faculty mentor will offer you invaluable guidance, advice, and information about teaching resources.
- Dean's Book Club-The Deans’ book club offers stimulating gatherings to consider and discuss issues in higher education with your colleagues.
New Faculty Orientation
- Welcome 2017 New Faculty Orientation
- Welcome 2017 New Faculty Orientation (Accessible Plain Text)
- Full-Day Orientation Agenda
- Full-Day Orientation Agenda (Accessible Plain Text)
- Academic Calendar 2017/2018
- Academic Related Activities Definiton
- Academic Related Activities Definiton (Accessible Plain Text)
- Administrative Calendar 2017/2018
- Administrative Calendar 2017/2018 (Accessible Plain Text)
- IT Quick Reference Information
- IT Quick Reference Information (Accessible Plain Text)
- Lehman Acronym Quick Refs
- Lehman Acronym Quick Refs (Accessible Plain Text)
- Registrar Quick Notes
- Registrar Quick Notes (Accessible Plain Text)
New Faculty Seminars
A series of six seminars are presented, three in the fall semester and three in the spring semester. Meetings are held on Wednesdays during University Hours (3:30-5pm) in the Treehouse conference room, 3rd floor of the Leonard Lief Library.
Dean's Book Club
The Deans’ book club is a new initiative at Lehman. It offers a social forum for conversation about issues in higher education with your colleagues and Dean.
This year’s shared-read is A Handbook on Mentoring Students in Undergraduate Research. Your Dean will contact you to set up a meeting time and place. Download the handbook here.
New and Early Career Faculty Mentoring
Faculty mentoring offers valuable professional and personal support, research guidance, and advice about teaching resources. Our Lehman faculty mentors were identified by their department chairs based on their experiences at Lehman and their expertise.Participation is encouraged for all new and junior faculty.
Getting Started at Lehman
Visit this page for more information on resources and people that will support your transition in becoming a member of the Lehman community: information about relocating, Human Resources, email addresses, IDs, parking, child care, Blackboard (Bb) and more!
Who are Lehman Students?
Crafting a Lehman Syllabus
Dr. Harriet (Niki) Fayne has prepared a primer on best practices for organizing your courses and creating syllabi at Lehman.