Academic Advising and Student Support Services
The Academic Information and Advisement Center offers students help in many areas including:
- choosing classes to meet general education requirements and reviewing those choices when it is time to perform a graduation check
- providing information on academic policies that affect their grades and eligibility for either probation or graduate school
- granting permission to take "excess" credits and/or credits at another college
- helping to prepare appeals for (among other things) late or retroactive withdrawal from classes and appeals for readmission after being dropped for poor scholarship
- providing referrals to various academic programs and student services
Student Support Services
Lehman College’s Instructional Support Services Program (ISSP) is home of the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) and Science Learning Center (SLC). The ISSP provides Lehman students with the opportunity to achieve academic success through the guidance and encouragement of peer tutors and professional staff members. We invite students and faculty to utilize the services offered through the ISSP, which include workshops and tutoring for undergraduate and graduate students seeking to improve their skills in writing and content knowledge in specific courses. At the ISSP, all of our tutors have received grades of A or A- in the classes they tutor and most are certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
The Academic Center for Excellence offers one-on-one tutoring for humanities and social science courses, as well as tutoring for writing and reading in any course. Academic skills workshops are also offered. Students can make an appointment, or just walk in. More information
Academic IT Center
The Academic IT Center is a place for the entire College community. Our primary goal is to assist students in becoming more efficient and effective learners. We are open to all who wants to enchance their academic IT skills. More information
Student Health Center
Immunization requirements, and general health care issues More information
IT Help Desk
The IT Help Desk is the first point of contact for members of the Lehman College community seeking information and assistance with campus technology issues. We are located in the Academic IT Center, in Room 108 of Carman Hall. Visit the IT Help Desk page for more information.
The Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK Program
The SEEK Program promotes the academic, personal, and vocational development of SEEK students at Lehman College. SEEK fulfills this mission by admitting a previously under served population and providing an array of specialized support and enrichment programs and activities dedicated to encouraging SEEK student learning, performance, persistence and graduation.