The Lehman College Certification Office serves matriculated students that will graduate or have graduated from one of the School of Education’s teacher/ educator preparation programs. We provide support & guidance, referrals services and navigation tools to students on obtaining their state certification based on their area of study from the New York State Education Department - Office of Teaching Initiatives.
Our services are available via email, in-person advisement, and by phone for enrolled students to learn about their individual state certification requirements to be better prepared on obtaining their initial certificate after they officially graduate from their program.
It is important to check in with the Certification Office for advisement to review your requirements in addition to your own program advisor for your degree requirements! You should seek advisement early in your first semester.
Announcements from New York State Education Department (NYSED)
For Fall 2020, Spring and Summer 2021 semesters learn more about NEW edTPA Safety Net
- A certified individual may continue to be employed after his/her certificate has expired.
- The applicant must have applied and paid for their next level certificate application.
- The employer may verify submission or an application and the required documents in TEACH while approval by New York State Education Department -Office of Teaching Initiative is pending.
For additional information regarding the following, please visit the NYSED webpages below:
- Re-issuance of an expired Initial Classroom Teaching Certificate
- Provisional Renewals - Pupil Personnel Service
- Time Extension of a Certificate