Internships and other ways of engaging with the professional theatre and dance community are an integral part of the Lehman experience. Students regularly attend performances and workshops in New York City and participate in internships that connect them to the professional world. DNC 370: Dance Internship, THE 370: Theatre Internship and THE 470: Advanced Theatre Internship all allow students to get credit for their internships. Before registering for class, students must first find an internship. Career Services and faculty members can help students via ArtSearch, a database which lists available internships.
Previous internship opportunities with the following organizations include:
- Broadway League
- Dance Place
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts<
- MTC-Manhattan Theatre Club
- New York Foundation for the Arts
- Signature Theatre
- Sleep No More
- The Actors Theatre Workshop
- Theatre Arts Center
- Theatre Communications Group
- The New York Musical Theatre Festival/a>
- Time Inc.